Showcase

Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's quiet....

... a little too quiet ...

Truth is, I've been working a lot, just not much to show for it. There are one or two projects that I'd like to link to, but for various reasons are either not online, or online in too low a quality...

The latter, in fact, relates to this example. This is work that I was proud of, in that my brief was to turn out some great design work for an intro, outro, lower 3rds, and a text splash screen, in a day. My design brief was whatever I could glean from their Facebook page.

(I will allow a small pause here, to let that sink in.)

...

I was proud of that work, that I turned out in half a day. I should add, at this point, that this job was specifically for web publication: it's a Digital yearbook. So it was disheartening to learn that the client posted up the low-res, low-quality preview file that the office sent them. You know, the preview file you send to clients for approval, but is of sufficient shittiness as to be unusable in any practical manner? Yes, they used that version for their Youtube upload, not the full-res, good quality version we happily provided.


Ahem.

So it's reasons like this, that I have not posted anything new here. However, I'm currently working on something that is promising to be very good. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment